Head of Marketing at Berlei, Zoe Hayes, joins the podcast this week to talk branding. We discuss:
- Zoe’s career to date
- The specific nuances of the underwear category
- Zoe’s role at Berlei and the marketing challenge of getting customers instore to try the product
- How Zoe revitalised and transitioned a historic name to a modern brand
- How Zoe markets brands as a courtship, from awareness to consideration through to purchasing, within the one campaign
- How digital allows brand storytelling and examples from Berlei campaigns with Serena Williams
- Berlei’s influencer program and the importance of advocacy, inclusivity and body positivity
- Lessons from the ‘Do It For Yourself’ and ‘Womankind’ campaigns
- ROPO: research online, purchase offline behaviours and how digital creates offline traffic
- Zoe’s thoughts on Amazon’s presence in the retail mix
Excellent conversation is had with a very experienced and leading marketer in Zoe. Well worth a listen!
Zoe can be found on LinkedIn.
Zoe recommends reading Eating the Big Fish by Adam Morgan.