Founder of Digital Citizen and PR Warrior Trevor Young returns to the podcast to discuss social and public relations in 2018. We discuss:
- Trevor’s career to date
- LinkedIn and the socialisation of professional services
- Advertising’s role on social media, connected brands and the comeback of humanity in business
- Navigating the social media landscape and the importance of sticking to your original purpose, while developing your own philosophy
- Trevor’s three forms of content marketing (utility, leadership and corporate content) and why it is the people that differentiate brands from competition
- The Volkswagen Beetle Lemon Ad and why building the brand foundations and audience before launching is key to success
- Facebook’s poor PR crisis management and the culture and governing/regulation issues impacting Facebook’s attempts to regain trust
- Trevor’s new book and looking at PR through a content lens
- Key trends and directions for brands and marketers in 2019
Fantastic to host Trevor again as he delivers his deep insight into the year that was in social and PR. Well worth a listen!
Click here for Digital Citizen.