Global consultant with We Are Social, Simon Kemp joins the EchoJunction podcast to discuss his well known digital trends report. We discuss:
- Simon’s career to date
- The catalyst for originally creating in 2011 what has now become the annual We Are Social report into the internet and social/digital trends
- How the report has changed over the years
- How the We Are Social report compares to the annual Mark Meeker internet trends report
- The variety of data sources, and how Simon satisfies himself around reliability, which go into the annual report
- Key take aways from the 2017 digital report
- The size of the global internet community
- The relative growth in mobile and social
- Whether enterprises have matured in their approach to social media
- Some potentially surprising insights re Apple and Android mobile usage
- A mid year update Simon is about to release into global internet and digital trends
Some great strategic insights from a leading analyst in the global market – well worth a listen.
The exec summary of the We Are Social “Digital in 2017” report.