Global digital marketing thought leader and founder of Six Pixels Group, Mitch Joel, joins the podcast this week to talk marketing. We discuss:
- Mitch’s career to date
- Mitch’s podcasting pedigree, and current podcasting and audio projects
- The martech landscape and why Mitch isn’t surprised about its massive growth due to the perfect storm of businesses searching for efficiency and increased R&D capabilities of today
- Marketing’s role in the supply and demand of marketing technology amongst venture capitals and consumer needs
- Social media maturity and where Mitch sees the next areas of evolution for social media tech
- E-commerce on social media and why the next wave of evolution for e-commerce is the removal of friction
- Facebook’s future, and why Mitch believes it isn’t the end, just a period of fatigue that can be broken through improved AI, UX, and optimised applications
- The bigger issue of consumer numbness to hacks and privacy breaches, in light of the Cambridge Analytica saga
- Facebook’s level of blame and Mitch’s ideas around regulating social media platforms and technology
- The Snapchat challenge of competing in a Facebook world, and who could or would acquire the platform, from Facebook and Amazon to Microsoft and Google
- The Raw Numbers: Amazon, Facebook, the short-termism reality and why it is wrong to compare market reactions with what is actually happening when evaluating technology businesses
- Why Mitch views Twitter as a feature and not a platform due to how its social experience works, and why it should look to play more in the messaging space over the social space
An honour to host the ever-brilliant Mitch Joel again on the podcast, as he provides his leading insights on a range of technology and marketing topics. Well worth a listen!
Mitch’s website is here.