Head of Global Content Strategy at Bupa, Matt Allison, joins the podcast this week to talk content marketing. We discuss:
- Matt’s career to date
- Defining content marketing as a bridge between customers and brands
- Why content marketing is all about the customer and delivering the content that consumers want, when they want it and how they want it
- What led Matt to working in content marketing
- How Bupa is using content marketing to enhance customer experiences, while also adding value to push and pull marketing practices
- The R&D and evolution of Bupa’s ‘Blue Room’ and content marketing practices
- How Bupa is using content marketing in the marketing funnel, from data insights to awareness and brand endorsement
- Matt’s experience in selling the content marketing vision to enterprises, through alignment with the current strategy and commercial goals, while ensuring the vision led back to the customer
- Bugaboo prams and customer service done right: Matt’s favourite content customer service experience that enriches lives and solves pain points
- Matt’s new venture, Ubiquity Lab
Matt delivers fantastic insight and detail in this chat, demonstrating why he is one of the leading practitioners in this area of marketing. Well worth a listen!
Matt can be found on LinkedIn.
Matt recommends reading The Definitive Guide to Content Strategic Marketing by Lazar Dzamic and Justin Kirby.