Founder and CEO of Rouser, JP Hanson, joins the podcast this week to talk branding. We discuss:
- JP’s career to date
- Defining a brand and what marketers are trying to achieve when they build brand equity
- How brands should be using long and short-term marketing
- How the marketing career path impacts brand growth due to short-term focuses and demands
- The impact of discounting on brand perception
- JP’s article ‘Why digital marketers are the rat farmers of marketing’; why digital media is skewed towards a short-term focus and how this has impacted brands and digital marketers
- The cesspit of despair: how it all went wrong with digital
- Why branding is being ignored on digital
- The Idiocy Rule and Gary Vee: the issue of (pseudo) marketers not knowing what they don’t know
- Why David Ogilvy mustn’t die – JP’s response to purpose focused marketing and why that approach is wrong
- JP’s predictions for the marketing sector
An excellent conversation is had with a very knowledgeable and thought-provoking leader in the marketing field. Definitely worth checking out!
Click here for more on Rouser.
JP’s most impactful business book is How Brands Grow by Byron Sharp.