Joseph Jaffe, founder and CEO of Evolution and 4 time author joins the EchoJunction podcast this week to talk ZERO paid media as the new marketing model. We discuss:
- Joseph’s career to date and how a bout of chickenpox at university turned him towards marketing!
- The premise behind his book Flip the Funnel
- Why brands and enterprises have neglected customer service and retention in the past
- Why customer service can be a true differentiator for brands
- How to blend human capital and technology in optimising customer service
- Why Twitter is such an excellent tool for customer service
- The importance of building and harnessing communities around your business
- Should communities live on social platforms or your own website?
- The importance of utility and adding value to customers
- Why having a great product is critical in addition to optimising customer service
- The premise behind Joseph’s latest book ZERO
- Why brands should focus on their owned assets and move from tenant to landlord
- How Flip the Funnel feeds into the ZERO philosophy
- Whether advertising is a fundamentally flawed product based on its interruption nature
- The future for traditional advertising as we know it
- Plus lots more!
- (including Joseph’s favourite social network)
A great, wide ranging conversation with a true global thought leader – I really encourage you to listen in!
The most impactful business book that Joseph has read is the ClueTrain Manifesto.