Partner at Senate SHJ and public relations specialist Craig Badings returns to the podcast to talk about trust and PR. We discuss:
- Craig’s career to date
- Avoiding crisis and why organisation culture is often the source
- The five areas of culture that impact future crises: governance, supervision gaps, work around strategies, blame culture, and poor training
- The Banking Royal Commission, the psychology of common sense in crisis decision making
- Roy Morgan’s Net Trust Score survey and building a trustworthy reputation through promise and delivery
- The Banking Royal Commission, regulatory practices and where the banks went wrong by falling out of touch with customer expectations
- Uber and the high cost of a bad reputation
- Using great customer service and listening to create customer brand advocates
- Wikipedia and trust in the process: how brands use communities to create trust through ratings, reviews and processes
- Craig’s four tips for managing reputation: monitoring internal and external operations, questioning practices and norms, remove fear and reprisal culture, and act and act early on crisis red flags
- Facebook, Tylenol and what the research tells about the cost of a major PR crisis
- Bunnings Sausage Sizzles, onions and taking the right actions to maintain customer goodwill
- Institutionalised trust and reputation, and the parallels between personal relationships and creation of brand trust
Fantastic to host Craig again as he delivers his fantastic insight into reputation, trust and risk management. Well worth a listen!
Click here for more on SenateSHJ.