I have a fantastic chat with Cassie Roma, head of social at Air New Zealand on this week’s podcast. We discuss:
- Cassie’s experience in social media to date
- How Air New Zealand structure their marketing and social media activities
- What are the key business objectives from Air New Zealand’s social media activity?
- What social media activity takes place within Air NZ and on which platforms they are active
- How customer service related queries are managed on social
- How social customer service fits within other Air New Zealand support channels
- Why Air New Zealand use dedicated staff for social service rather than having a customer service team working across channels
- Preparing for potential negative PR stories on Twitter and other social networks
- How content marketing is delivered and how this dovetails with social media activity
- Harnessing employee generated content and user generated content within social media publishing
- How Cassie measures the “ROI of Social” – which metrics are analysed to determine the effectiveness of the social strategy
- Whether social media drives actual ecommerce transactions
- Marketing attribution and the challenge of mapping the buyers journey
- Organic reach vs ‘pay to play’ strategies from a social media marketing perspective
- Engagement levels across different social media platforms and why Cassie is a big fan of Instagram
- Whether compliance processes (legal sign offs etc) can slow down the pace at which Air New Zealand can operate within social
- How social media activity dovetails with broader marketing activity and campaigns occurring on other channels
- In a world of 2,000 marketing software products, how Cassie navigates this environment to select a product
- Whether the mobile messaging platforms are part of Air New Zealand’s strategic thinking
- Key trends in social media into 2016
A really interesting conversation with the social media manager at a major brand who lives and breathes this sector day in day out. Very real and very authentic – please listen in!
Cassie in on Twitter
Cassie’s favourite business book is The No Asshole Rule by Robert Sutton.