Ayal Steiner, from online advertising platform Outbrain, joins the podcast this week to discuss native digital advertising and Outbrain. We discuss:
- Ayal’s career to date
- What Outbrain does and the technology behind native content discovery advertising
- The Outbrain algorithm: why only user interests are key to understanding the user
- How Outbrain has reinvented digital advertising through its business model and tech
- How Outbrain maintains brand safety through content vetting practices
- Overcoming clickbait: how Outbrain ensures only quality content is advertised through learning from past advertiser mistakes and user interactions
- What content says about the brand
- Why engagement is the most important and telling metric
- Google, Outbrain and brand safety: how Outbrain ensures appropriate content appears in the appropriate place
- McDonalds and customer experience: how focusing on profitability and not customer experience is harmful to the brand
- The Digital Duopoly: why the decline in journalists is the most worrying factor, not market domination
- How Outbrain avoids adblocker technology
A very insightful conversation is had into an area never before explored by the podcast. Well worth a listen!
Click here for more on Outbrain.
Ayal recommends reading Pimp: The Story of My Life by Iceberg Slim.