CMO at Brandwatch, Will McInnes joins the podcast this week to talk social intelligence and marketing technology. We discuss:
- Will’s career to date in social media on the agency side
- How Brandwatch came to pass – the “seed” of the idea for this business
- How the Brandwatch product has evolved since it launched in 2007 and how Brandwatch differentiates from other social listening tools
- The Signals feature of Brandwatch tool in a move towards predictive analytics
- The primary use cases for the Brandwatch product
- Some great examples of how leading brands have used Brandwatch to provide insights which benefit their business
- The marketing technology landscape – now a world of 3,500 vendors
- The differentiation between best of breed verticals (e.g. Brandwatch, Conversocial, Simply Measured) vs end to end platforms (Sprinklr, Tracx)
- The challenges of image/video/audio vs text provide for social listening
- The rapid change within social media platforms and the challenges this brings
- The world of the API with and software providers “playing nicely”
- Attitudes of the major social networks (inc Facebook) to the access they provide to their data
- The significant growth in messaging platforms in recent years (and where messenger platforms sit versus social networks
- Given privacy and intimacy of 1:1, or 1: a few communication, is messaging a space listening tools will ever venture into?
- As we move into 2016, the key trends Will sees in the social media market
- Long term strategic goals for Brandwatch?
A great opportunity to hear the insights of a senior member of the team within the world’s leading social intelligence tool. Very much worth a listen
Here is my first conversation with Scott Brinker on the marketing technology landscape.