Well known “PR warrior” Trevor Young joins the podcast to talk about PR and the media landscape. We discuss:
- The PR sector and how it has evolved
- Owned, earned and paid media and how social media fits in to this framework
- The current trend where brands and publishers are increasingly focused on social publishing versus building owned media
- Trevor’s view on the often quoted “don’t build your media house on rented land”
- The importance of email lists, owned media and your digital assets
- The theory of going where your audience is
- Trevor’s recent blog post on the optimum approach in these areas titled “Building a rock-solid marketing communications base for your business, non-profit or personal brand”
- What is content driven social PR
- Content marketing strategy
- Plus lots more!
The blog post we discussed from Trevor is here.
The business book Trevor recommends is the New Rules of Marketing and PR by David Meerman Scott