Kepios founder and global consultant with We Are Social, Simon Kemp, returns to the EchoJunction podcast to discuss his well-known digital trends report. We discuss:
- Simon’s career to date
- History of the annual social digital trends report
- Why digital isn’t the new kid on the block and hasn’t been for some time
- Why digital tech is essential for everyday life – from modern urbanisation to third world farming
- The continued massive growth of social, despite it being regarded a mature platform
- Cultural differences for social and digital usage
- Why Stories is a passing fad, based on effort and engagement
- Rules for video – why brands need to use video with care
- How depth and breadth is the driving force behind Reddit’s rapid adoption
- Adblock technology adoption and the reasons beyond privacy behind it
- Greener pastures – why poorer nations have more faith in digital than developed nations
- The inevitability of e-commerce and present opportunities in Australia
- Making the internet for all and how voice recognition will bring underdeveloped nations into the world of today
Some excellent strategic and big picture insights from a leading analyst in the global market – well worth a listen!
Click here for the We Are Social Digital in 2018 report.
My last episode with Simon discussing the digital in 2017 report.