This week I talk big data with a subject matter expert, Sid Minassian of Contexti.
In this episode we discuss:
- Sid’s definition of big data
- Why enterprises need to be thinking about the data assets they have in their business
- How enterprises should think about their data “agenda” and technology roadmap in the context of their overall business strategy
- Who does and should own the big data strategy within an enterprise
- Example use cases for big data analytics within an enterprise
- How cloud technology is impacting the big data sector
- How social media can impact an overall big data strategy
- The Internet of things (of course)
- Plus lots lots more!
- (including Sid’s favourite social network!)
Sid knows big data inside out. It’s an important topics for marketers and frankly all senior executives so I recommend you listen to this episode – I am sure it will deepen your understanding of this much discussed topic.
The infographic we discuss on the Internet of Things is here.
Sid’s favourite business book is The Hard Thing About Hard Things by Ben Horowitz.