Co-founder of Proxima, Sebastian Pedavoli joins the podcast to talk Artificial Intelligence and Bots. We discuss:
- Sebastian’s career to date and how he founded Proxima
- What is a bot?
- The connection between AI and Bots
- Proxima case study with Here Maps where they powered the ability to automate responses to questions like “where is the nearest” or “how far to get to”
- Proxima’s recent work with Transport NSW and Twitter around automated notifications related to transport disruptions
- Pull vs Push automated messaging
- How AI deals with the challenges of slang in ascertaining the appropriate answers to questions
- Other use cases for bots
- Facebook Messenger and the 30,000 plus bot applications that have been built
- Marketers, brands and use cases for bots
- Focus areas for Proxima going forward
- Australian start-ups and whether they need to move to Silicon Valley
Sebastian would follow Dan Nolan and Barack Obama on Twitter.
Sebastian’s favourite business book is The War of Art.
Proxima case studies with Here Maps and Transport NSW.