In the debut EchoJunction podcast, I have a great discussion with Marketing Technology thought leader Scott Brinker.
In this episode we discuss:
- Why Scott started blogging about marketing technology
- His infographic showing almost 2,000 vendors in the marketing technology space
- Whether he thinks consolidation is coming to the martech sector
- Why there is unlikely to ever be an “ERP of marketing”
- How the social media marketing technology niche is performing
- How the marriage between CMOs and CIOs is working
- What is a ‘Chief Marketing Technologist’
- The types of IT integrations Scott sees occurring
- How product winners are emerging from such a crowded space
- His thoughts on future trends in marketing technology
- And lots more!
- (including Scott’s favourite social network and, most critically, the 3 things Scott would take to a desert island!).
Scott is one of the world’s leading thinkers in this area, and full of some fantastic insights and observations – highly recommend you tune in!
Scott blogs at ChiefMartec.com.
The 2015 version of his well-known infographic can be found here.
Scott’s most influential business book is The Lean Start Up.
You can also find a written transcript of my interview with Scott.