I have a very interesting discussion with well-known content marketing strategist Robert Rose.
In this episode we discuss:
- Robert’s definition of content marketing
- Use cases for content marketing within an enterprise
- How to think about the ROI of content marketing
- A great example of a major US business executing well in content marketing
- Are we in a state of content shock and if so how to brands cut through
- The turbulent media landscape and how Robert makes sense of all of the disruption
- Content marketing software tools
- The marriage between CMO and CIO – are they happy or just staying together for the kids
- Robert’s new book Experiences and his framework for Content Creation Management
- What is story mapping
- The key differences between B2C and B2B marketing
- The world of the marketer in 2015
- Plus lots lots more!
- (including Robert’s favourite social network and the 3 items Robert would take to a desert island!)
This was my first face to face interview as Robert was kind enough to meet me during his trip to Sydney for the Content Marketing Sydney conference. Robert is one of the global experts in content marketing and has some very interesting and worthwhile insights – happy listening!
You can download free chapters of Robert’s new book Experiences here.