Global Head of Digital Adoption for WalkMe, Raj Sundarason, joins the podcast this week. We discuss:
- Raj’s career to date and how he came to his current role At WalkMe
- The WalkMe history
- Use cases for the software and benefits
- How the training and ‘guided tours’ of technology platforms works
- Why a 62 year old male may need a different walk through versus a 21 year old female and how WalkMe approaches this challenge
- Some case studies and success stories from clients who have adopted WalkMe
- Re org structures who owns the customer/user experience, hence who is involved in the buying decision
- Mobile user experience – and Uber as an example
- AI showing where users are having problems – user testing at scale
- The inverse relationship between usability and functionality
- Even today why are many apps so unusable?
- Ecommerce and abandoned shopping cart – how WalkMe can help marketers
- Marketers and the buyers journey
- Helpful training versus the annoying pop ups
- Social networks – how usable?
A very interesting conversation on a very interesting new business – well worth a listen!
The business book which Raj highly recommends is Work Rules.
My previous podcasts on User Experience with Oliver Weidlich and Nic Chamberlain.