Head of Social Media at Telstra, Oren Fixler, joins the podcast this week to talk social media. We discuss:
- Telstra’s social media division and Oren’s role there
- The use of social at Telstra, from social issue problem solving to customer insight
- Why Telstra chose Brandwatch as a partner for social and online insight
- Using social as a metric in issue management
- Telstra’s increasing focus on smaller social channels like Reddit and Oz Bargain, due to links to media outlets or customer groups
- Why timeliness and accuracy are key to successful crisis management
- How Telstra’s crisis management and PR practices have changed, due to the growth of social media
- Being where your customers are when they need you: Telstra’s proactive social service and their 24/7/365 social media monitoring team
- Telstra’s peer-to-peer community, Crowdsupport, and how it is aiding both customers and improving Telstra’s services through feedback and advice
- Telstra’s move from product featuring to collaboration with Influencers, in order to improve authenticity and audience engagement
- Why Telstra are using multiple messages rather than one, in order to engage with their diverse social media audience
- Improving content and creativity – why Oren believes the changes to organic reach are for the benefit of businesses and users
- Telstra Ignite: how Telstra empowered employees to use social media
- How Telstra uses LinkedIn Elevate to improve the employee community, employee advocacy and increase social activity
- Oren’s predictions for 2018
This is definitely not an episode to miss! An extremely insightful conversation is had, from a key figure at one of Australia’s largest organisations.
Click here for Telstra Exchange.
Oren recommends subscribing to Benedict Evans’s newsletter.