Founder of Mobile Experience Oliver Weidlich joins the podcast this week to talk about user experience. We discuss:
- Oliver’s interesting career to date and how he ended up in user experience
- How to define “user experience”
- Whether user experience is a sub set of “customer experience”
- Why user experience should matter to brands
- The ROI of delivering a very positive user experience
- The differing challenges presented for brands as we have moved from desktop to laptop to ipad to mobile
- Whether responsive design is now almost mandatory and no longer an optional “nice to have”
- How Oliver approaches an overall user experience project
- The key principles Oliver applies when beginning a user experience/design process
- The most important aspect of user experience design process
- Whether UX can be personalised across the mass B2C market
- The importance of user testing in Oliver’s UE process and methodology
- What makes some mobile sites and apps easier to use than others?
- The debate between mobile web and mobile apps and whether apps are part of the long term future
- The challenges of designing mobile experiences for both Apple and Android user
A really interesting conversation on the fascinating topic of user experience and everything that goes into it. Well worth a listen!
You can find Oliver on Twitter here and the Mobile Experience is here.
The infographic we discuss on UE design.
The top 3 accounts Oliver would follow on Twitter would be Luke Wroblewski, Mark Pesce and Horace Dediu