Head of APAC sales for Spredfast Neill Kerrigan joins the podcast this week to talk social media. We discuss:
- Neill’s career to date.
- Spredfast’s key focuses; social marketing, social care and enterprise.
- Dell.com and integrating social data business-wide.
- Pepsi and the importance of workflow approval chains for quick content turnaround.
- Why being the ‘best of breed’ is key in keeping up with the pace of change in social media.
- The different dynamics of social vs. traditional media sectors.
- The Spredfast Social Summit in Austin, Texas.
- Michelle Obama’s presentation, her connection to audiences as a ‘quasi-rockstar’, and the opportunity businesses have today to change perceptions by showing empathy.
- Airbnb and using community-generated content to drive marketing.
- The Spredfast experience with General Motors, their global strategy for response and the impact of showing empathy on social.
- Key trends for video: what video means for audiences and brands, social networks as TV stations and the growth of live video.
- Social in sports and how the NFL is using data from across the organisation to build relationships with their audiences.
- The role of automation and bots in content creation.
- The example of Stitch Fix and the use of algorithmic machine learning to curate product selections for customers.
Neill is a highly regarded practitioner in this field and delivers some outstanding insights in this conversation. Well worth a listen!
The business book Neill recommends is Extreme Ownership by Jocko Willink and Leif Babin.