Head of social at AGL Matty Soccio joins the EchoJunction podcast to talk about enterprise use of social media and the social media landscape. We discuss:
- Matty’s career to date and how he ended up in social
- How enterprises should think about social media
- AGL’s journey in social
- The evolution from organic reach to pay to play on Facebook
- The importance or otherwise of still building Facebook fans/likes
- Experience with Facebook’s paid ad products
- The targeting capability of Facebook’s ad products and why they are superior to any other media channels
- Building community on third party networks and why AGL moved to their own hosted community
- The important role community plays in AGL’s business
- Why it is important to offer customer service on social
- The role of messaging platforms in communication with customers
- Matty’s thoughts on Snapchat
- Snapchat’s pending IPO
- The overall social media landscape
A very interesting and broad ranging conversation with a senior industry participant – well worth a listen.
The newsletter Matty recommends is Warped.
My previous podcast with Jay Baer on social customer service is here.