Mark Dick, Head of Sales Solutions at LinkedIn in Australia joins the EchoJunction podcast this week to discuss LinkedIn and social selling. We discuss:
- Key current user numbers for LinkedIn in Australia and globally.
- LinkedIn began as something of a “place to put your CV” and “find a job” – how the platform has developed into so much more
- LinkedIn’s recently published ebook “The New Sales Toolkit: Everything you need to know about social selling”
- What is social selling? LinkedIn define this around 4 key activities
- How has the buyer’s journey has changed in recent times and how much research the typical buyer has performed before contacting a potential supplier
- A stat via IBM is that 75% of buyers use social media as part of their buying process
- How B2B buyers are using social media as part of their buying process
- An astonishing stat that by 2020 customers will manage 85% of their interactions with an enterprise without a human and how this impacts the sales executive of 2016
- The importance of sales professionals (and all senior execs) building personal brands in the digital landscape
- The success of the LinkedIn publishing platform
- Whether sales professionals should be publishing their own content and whether this should sit on a “home base” such as a blog and/or LinkedIn
- In terms of content marketing, Joe Pulizzi’s 4:1:1 rule about when to share content and when to self-promote
- How activity on other social networks (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram etc) can potentially dovetail with social selling efforts on LinkedIn
- The roles of sales and marketing, whether the functions are converging and what this means for enterprise org structures going forward
- LinkedIn’s sales navigator product and how this improves the effectiveness of sales teams
- The evolving power of LinkedIn’s platform and how it integrates into CRM systems
- It has often been said people buy from those they “know, like and trust” – has the digital era changed anything?
- How LinkedIn and the digital marketing & social media landscape will pan out in 2016
Mark is on Linkedin here.
The ebook from LinkedIn we discuss on social selling is here and you can find info on Linkedin business solutions here.
My previous podcast on social selling with Tony Hughes.
The most influential business book Mark has read is Quiet by Susan Cain.