CEO of Top Rank Marketing Lee Odden joins the podcast this week to talk influencer marketing. We discuss:
- Lee’s career to date.
- The intersection of search, social, customer service and content marketing.
- Answering all your customers’ questions anytime.
- The Marcus Sheridan Swimming Pool examples re answering customer questions.
- Lee’s view on the terms “Influencer Marketing” vs “Influencer Relations”.
- How Lee came up with the term “Be the best answer” and why this concept is important.
- Lee’s excellent blog post “Be the best answer: 5 Steps to Grow Influence for Your Brand”.
- Research Lee has previously performed with Brian Solis on Influence.
- Different types of Influencer engagements and typical objectives brands have when commencing Influencer programs.
- The collaboration and content creation aspects of Influencer Programs.
- Typical outputs and types of content developed as part of Influencer engagements.
- The ethics around working with Influencer and the importance of disclosure.
- How active social listening can help identify opportunities in this area.
- The difference between traditional celebrity endorsements and Influencer programs in 2017.
- Identifying the right influencers for a brand and specific project.
- Whether an Influencer has to be a passionate advocate for the product or service.
- Why Lee’s work brings a mix of skills typically found in traditional PR and creative agencies.
- Examples of work Lee and Top Rank have recently performed.
- How the Top Rank blog contains over 1.4m words written by Lee!
Lee is a highly regarded expert in this field and delivers a lot of value in this conversation. Well worth a listen!
The Top Rank website in Australia is here.
Lee’s blog post “Be the best answer”.
My previous podcast with Scott Monty on Influencer Relations.
The business book Lee recommends is Everybody Writes by Ann Handley.