Founder and CEO of Conversocial Joshua March rejoins the EchoJunction podcast this week to talk social service and developments in Facebook Messenger. We discuss:
- Josh’s career to date and his founding of Conversocial
- Why brands and enterprises need to take social customer service seriously in 2015 and why some larger enterprises are yet to jump on board
- The development of messenger platforms and the rapid growth in 1:1 private chats versus conversations on more public social networks
- The recent exciting announcement in relation to Conversocial, Facebook messenger and customer service
- Hyatt hotels motivation to jump on board with Facebook messenger and customer service
- Use cases for Facebook messenger for business for Hyatt and other sectors and how this works
- How the public Facebook page experience intersects with the Facebook messenger experience
- Current innovations at Twitter re direct messages and customer service
- Whether brands are now effectively accepting Facebook log ins as a person’s secure id or the additional authentication typically built in to processes
- Facebook’s attitude to security and privacy when working with developers
- The use of images and video within Facebook messenger and whether live streaming is likely to come
- The process of working with Facebook on this cutting edge project
- The social networks general attitudes to APIs, working with developers and maintaining open platforms
- Which social media platforms are currently most commonly used by brands for managing customer service via social
- Best practice for operating customer service teams across social media and other channels
- Examples of Instagram being used for customer service
- Developments at Twitter in 2015 and Josh’s view on Twitter’s future
- The removal of the 140 character tweet limit in Twitter DMs
- Key issues to look out for in the digital marketing and social media landscape in 2016?
Josh is a leading thinker in the social customer service space and it’s a fantastic looking glass into a very current, cutting edge development re Facebook Messenger. If you are involved in marketing in 2015 this is an important topic to be across. Well worth a listen!
The Hyatt success story with Conversocial and social service is here.