Founder of the Content Marketing Institute and best-selling author Joe Pulizzi joins the podcast to talk about his new book Killing Marketing. We discuss:
- Joe’s career to date.
- Why he co-wrote this book with Robert Rose.
- The previous content marketing books Joe has written and how his thinking has evolved.
- How his last book Content Inc leads into Killing Marketing.
- The premise for Joe’s new book.
- Why owned media should be an important aspect of a company’s marketing strategy.
- How marketing hasn’t really changed for many decades despite the massive disruption to the media landscape.
- The significant of Joe writing a book without “content” in the title.
- Where content and owned media sits in the broader marketing mix.
- We often discuss brands acting more like a media company – yet traditional media companies are struggling. How can this be reconciled?
- Examples of brands executing well in this space – such as Arrow Electronics, J&J and Red Bull.
- How BuzzFeed is becoming a products business.
- The convergence between what brands and media companies look like.
- The 10 different ways in which an audience can be monetised.
- Content Marketing World 2017.
Some fascinating insights from a global subject matter expert. Definitely worth a listen.
My first podcast with Joe on his book Content Inc.
My second podcast with Joe on conferences.
Joe’s new book Killing Marketing.