Marketing blockchain specialist Jeremy Epstein comes back to the EchoJunction podcast this week to talk his new book on marketing and blockchain. We discuss:
- Jeremy’s career to date and his passion to understand disruptive technologies like social media and Blockchain
- What is Blockchain?
- What Bitcoin has taught us about Blockchain to date
- Jeremy’s excellent new ebook, “The CMO Primer for the Blockchain World”
- The intros in his ebook from the CMOs of Nasdaq and Dunn & Bradstreet
- The important line “brands that authentically add value to customers will win access to their personal data” – and why this sentence is so important
- The value of personal data and the current scenario where consumers give this for free to Facebook, Google and Amazon
- The disintermediation facilitated by Blockchain technology and the wide-ranging business and societal impacts this will have
- What Blockchain means for marketers today
- Why it’s too early to know all impacts and implications of Blockchain
- Blockchain as the trust machine and how this impacts branding
- 2 important facts on customer experience:
- Harvard Business Review, “customers who had the best past experiences spend 140% more compared to those who had the poorest past experience.”
- American Express: “55% walked away from an intended purchase in the past year because of a poor customer service experience.”
- Blockchain and the customer experience
- Jeremy’s work with Don and Alex Tapscott on the Blockchain Research Institute
Some fantastic strategic insights from a global subject matter expert in this important new area. This is an episode all marketers need to listen to.
My first podcast with Jeremy on marketing and blockchain.
My podcast with Alex Tapscott on his book the Blockchain Revolution.
Jeremy’s eBook the CMO Primer For the Blockchain World.
Jeremy’s Never Stop Marketing website.