Author, speaker and thought leader Jay Baer joins the podcast this week to talk the social media landscape in 2017. We discuss:
- Jay’s career to date and how he came to his current role
- Organic reach – where are we now versus 2 years ago at the time of our first podcast
- Pay to play – whether social media has become more like media buying/google SEO than the ‘community building’ when it all began
- Why Facebook has gone from strength to strength and remains the market leader by some distance
- Content marketing – answering customer questions at one extreme v McDonalds Entertainment YouTube Channel closing down – when do brands stray too far from their core topic of expertise?
- Facebook’s focus on video and live – where to next?
- Facebook and fake news – is this Facebook’s responsibility?
- Why Twitter has gone sideways and where to next
- Instagram’s imitation of key features of the Snapchat offering
- Snapchat’s IPO and future prospects
- The future trends in the podcasting market
- Messaging as a distinct sector from “social media”
So much value as always from Jay – well worth a listen.
My previous podcasts with Jay on social media marketing and social customer service.