NY Times best-selling author Jay Baer re-joins the EchoJunction podcast this week to discuss his new book Hug Your Haters. We discuss:
- Jay’s career to date and the books he has authored
- Why he wrote his new book Hug Your Haters and how frequently Jay plans to write books
- The world exclusive (!) as to where Jay originally thought this book would go and why that changed
- How to reconcile the fact that 80% of businesses believe they deliver superior customer service but only 8% of customers agree that service is superior
- Edison Research across 2,000 complaining customers and the key findings
- Why companies should hug their haters when the natural instinct is to ignore
- The difference between offstage and onstage haters and how the response to each type of hater should vary
- The difference in approach re dealing with haters on Social media versus review sites versus traditional channels such as phone/email
- Best practice on public forums like social networks and review sites and when a conversation should be taken private
- How important is speed of response in pacifying or turning around a hater?
- When is a Hater so vitriolic that he should actually be ignored?
- “Jay Baer’s Rule of Reply Only Twice”
- Examples of companies who are successfully executing and living and breathing this concept
- The key reasons why brands are getting it wrong in this area and not “hugging their haters”?
- Why the many PR disasters on social – United Airlines, BA, Domino’s Pizza etc – were NOT a driver for Jay writing this book
- The importance of customer service in customer retention
- Is customer service the key foundation of a positive customer experience?
Jay is one of the brightest thinkers in the global digital marketing space – it really is well worth your time to hear his thoughts on his new book, customer experience and customer service in 2015. A great listen!