UK based Ogilvy & Mather partner and thought leader, James Whatley, joins the podcast this week to talk digital trends in 2018. We discuss:
- James’ career to date
- The digital trends report history and its progress to date
- How last year’s trend predictions on chatbots, video first, AI, Twitter retrenchment and Facebook metrics faired
- James’ 2018 Ogilvy Digital Trends Report
- Why Augmented Reality will take to the forefront of digital tech in 2018
- How user experience make AR a better adopted platform than VR
- The growing relevance of voice recognition tech and what this means for advertising
- Why Amazon will move into the digital media landscape
- Why people don’t appear to care about privacy and data security
- The future of influencer marketing and why it is getting too big for its own good
Wonderful to have James back on the podcast again. Another very educational and entertaining conversation is had with a leading researcher in the digital field. Well worth a listen!
The Ogilvy report can be found here.
See how James’ predictions faired with our previous discussion on digital trends in 2017.