Well known digital transformation thought leader Gerd Schenkel joins the EchoJunction podcast to talk digital transformation. We discuss:
- Gerd’s career to date in strategy consulting and digital innovation
- How digital disruption impacted the business landscape in the past 20 years
- Digital transformation is driven by people and culture, then enabled by technology and connectivity – do people (and marketers in particular) focus on the tech and the ‘shiny new toy’ too much?
- The major challenges in driving a digital change agenda in large enterprises
- Whether digital transformation naturally goes hand in hand with a focus on customer centricity and customer experience
- “there is no such thing as digital marketing, we now market in a digital world” – at what point does tech/digital become so pervasive that we stop talking about it as a separate thing?
- The digital transformation Gerd oversaw at NAB in building UBank
- The process of launching UBank in a conservative and risk averse environment like a major bank
- The importance of pure change management/business process reengineering in this area
- Why humans intrinsically are resistant to change
- The key lessons Gerd took from NAB entering his role at Telstra
- Gerd’s role and achievments at Telstra
- The main issues on the digital transformation agenda at Telstra
- Larger enterprises and the need to self-disrupt and constantly reinvent themselves to survive
- The Digital Summit conference Gerd launched and how that has evolved from its humble beginnings
One of the most important voices in the digital transformation space in Australia – some amazing insights, well worth a listen.
You can find the Tyro website here and Gerd’s blog here.
Gerd is on Twitter here.
Gerd would follow Elon Musk, Ray Kurzweil, Donald Trump on Twitter.
Gerd’s favourite book is Why Some are So Rich and Some are So Poor.