We come back home from our USA based interviews and I have a great discussion with well-known Australian digital marketing thought leader Gavin Heaton.
In this episode we discuss:
- How the ‘digital revolution’ has transformed the world of the marketer in the last decade
- Gavin’s social media maturity model for assessing how effectively enterprises are using social media
- Gavin’s recent blog post titled ‘The True Value of Social Business is Still to be Unlocked’
- The recent MITSloan/Deloitte 2014 Social Business Exec Study which analysed how effectively global enterprises were using social media
- Use cases for social media within an enterpise beyond sales and marketing
- The performance of Australian businesses versus their global contemporaries in this area
- What the potential catalyst will be to increase adoption of social business in Australia
- The “B2C Myth” that social can only be effective for consumer facing businesses
- The differences between B2B v B2C use cases for social business
- IT integration of social data into other enterprise systems
- Who should own social media strategy within an enterprise
- Gavin’s outlook for the future in this space
- Plus lots lots more!
- (Including hearing why Gavin thinks that driver-less cars will not succeed!)
Gavin is one of the leading thinkers in the local market on all things digital and his insights are always worth a listen. Highly recommend you tune in.
Enjoy the show!