Author, speaker and futurist thought leader Liz Alexander joins the podcast this week. We discuss
- Liz’s career to date and how she came to her current role
- The term futurist vs foresight consultant
- We often hear that the pace of change is increasing – is this truly the case?
- Humans’ natural resistance to change and how this has always been evident
- Why there is no inevitability about the growth in driverless cars in the very near term
- How consumers can control their own future and not be forced into certain directions by innovators
- Why massive change from technology always seems just around the corner but always takes longer than forecast to eventuate at scale
- Liz’s term “Innovate with integrity” – and what she means
- Steve Jobs’ belief that the consumer doesn’t know what they want and innovators need to define the future
- The impact for brands on the changing attitude of millennials
- Why consumers may say one thing and act in a completely different manner
- How leaders can adapt to the rapidly changing environment and the responsibility they hold
- The style of leadership that will be successful going forward versus what has worked in the past
- The impact of AI on the future of business, leadership and the workforce more broadly
A very deep and thought provoking discussion with a leading thinker. This will broaden your thinking horizons – well worth a listen!
Best business book The Fourth Turning
Liz’s article on Fast Company which we discuss in the podcast.
My previous podcasts with futurists Andrew Vorster and Chris Riddell.