Founder of Mediascope and well known Australian industry leader Denise Shrivell joins the podcast this week. We discuss:
- Denise’s career to date and how she founded Mediascope
- The media trading market
- What is a Mediascape and why Denise began to produce these
- Industry factors driving the disruption and fragmentation in the market
- The changing skills required to be an effective marketer over the past decade
- How are CMOs (and/or CIOs) selecting IT solutions from such a broad and complex range of offerings?
- The skills needed to be a marketer in 2016
- The balance between art and science in marketing and the importance of branding
- The dominance of Google and Facebook in the digital media market and the implications for Australia specifically
- The impact of Netflix on the media landscape
- The ‘state of play’ for the TV and traditional advertising sectors
- Alternative business models for the media sector to consider beyond advertising
- The niche targeting capability of Facebook
- Innovation from the media sector in Australia
- In a world where “everyone is a publisher” and via Twitter/Facebook/live streaming, we can source the breaking news from so many places, where will we seek our news in the future – and what this means for the journalism industry
- Why the NBN is so important to the future of Australia
A very interesting topic discussed with a local industry veteran with vast experience and insight. Well worth a listen!
Denise would follow the hashtag #Auspol, Donald Trump and Bette Midler on Twitter
Denise’s open letter re the NBN is here.
My previous podcast with Bob Garfield on the future of journalism.