Returning guest and social customer service expert Dan Gingiss joins the podcast to discuss his great new role as global head of social at McDonald’s. We discuss:
- Dan’s career to date.
- Dan’s recent book “Winning at Social Customer Care” and the challenge of marketing your own book.
- Dan’s new role as global head of social at McDonald’s.
- The first 90 days look in Dan’s new role and what he focussed on.
- How head office work with the different geographic locations to drive best practice in social media.
- How an idea from McDonalds Australia on Snapchat was adopted in the US market.
- The in-depth social listening performed at McDonald’s.
- How social listening drove a significant operational change relating to the increased availability of the breakfast menu.
- Social customer service at McDonald’s.
- Which platforms McDonald’s are active on and the differing behaviours on the different platforms.
- Paid v Organic reach and how McDonald’s execute in this area.
- Using social to increase transparency around the business and a great example from McDonalds Canada.
Some fascinating insights from a subject matter expert and leading thinker in social media now operating a key role at one of the world’s biggest brands. Well worth a listen!
My first podcast with Dan on customer experience.
My second podcast with Dan on his book “Winning at Social Customer Care”.
Winning at Social Dan’s website.