Partner at Senate SHJ, Craig Badings joins the podcast to talk about their 2017 Reputation Reality report. We discuss:
- Craig’s career to date
- Senate SHJ’s reputation management framework
- The 2017 survey with executives in Australia and NZ on attitudes towards reputation and risk
- The connection between reputation and brand
- Why reputation is such an important intangible asset for businesses today
- The importance of brands preparing for a crisis
- Why simulation training for crisis operations is so important
- Why the risk of a crisis has increased in the social and digital era
- The report showing that senior executives lack confidence in handling crises
- Planning for a crisis and being confident you can handle one – why the survey showed there is a difference
- Recent case studies from 7/11, Dreamworld and Rugby NZ and lessons for how brands should respond to crises
- Key takeaways from the survey
Some really great insights on reputation, risk and best practice to respond to a crisis. Well worth a listen.
The 2017 Senate SHJ Reputation Reality Report is here.
My previous podcast with Craig on crisis management.
My recent podcast with Scott Monty on the Edelman Trust Index.