Bob Knorpp, host of the marketing panel podcast the Beancast joins the EchoJunction podcast this week. We discuss:
- Bob’s career to date and the launch of the Beancast podcast
- Why Bob started the Beancast and how the show has evolved?
- Why Bob went for a panel discussion rather than a 1:1 interview podcast
- How Bob curates content to pick the 3 or 4 marketing stories he discusses each week for the panel to discuss
- The early days of podcasting and the technology to launch a podcast
- How Bob has promoted his podcast and whether social media important in this respect?
- Growth in Bob’s podcast and what drove this
- Why the broader podcast sector has grown recently and how important Serial was to this growth
- The business benefits Bob has seen as a result of building a successful podcast and whether these were expected
- Podcast distribution across Apple iTunes, Bob’s own website, Stitcher and other platforms and where Bob sees the highest volumes
- How social media can best be used in enterprises and where brands have gone wrong
- Real time marketing
- Ad blocking – how big is the market and why is it such an important trend
- Implications of ad blocking for the advertising sector
- Why Twitter is becoming the CB radio of the social space!
- The recent devaluation of Snapchat by an investor
- Whether the tech and martech sectors are in a “bubble”
Fantastic insights from a guy who has lived and breathed podcasting for 8 years and has 20+ years marketing experience. Something for everyone here – please listen in, you won’t regret it.
Bob’s favourite business book is Gamestorming by Gray, Brown and Macanufo.