Social media analyst for Microsoft UK, Ben Donkor joins the podcast this week. We discuss:
- Ben’s career to date in marketing and how he came to join Microsoft
- Ben’s role at Microsoft and the role of the social analyst more broadly
- How social data and social intelligence can help to drive an enterprise’s overall strategy
- The types of social data should enterprises be monitoring
- As an industry have we moved beyond the world of vanity metrics?
- Some great examples from the UK of using social media as a broader market research tool beyond pure media monitoring
- How social data can be “mashed up” with other business and third party data to generate interesting business and consumer insights
- The evolution from the world of organic reach to the world of “pay to play” in 2016
- Where a social media team should sit within a business
- As the world of social increasingly moves to ‘dark social’ and the world of private messages, how social strategy (and social analytics) must evolve
- The evolution of Snapchat
A very interesting discussion with an experienced practitioner on an important role in the social media space. Please check it out!
The most impactful book Ben has ever read is Culture Shock by Will Mcinnes.
Ben would follow APStyleBook, Jack Dorsey and Dr Jillian Ney on Twitter.