MD for Rakuten Marketing APAC, Anthony Capano joins the podcast this week. We discuss:
- Anthony’s career to date in marketing and how he came to start Rakuten Marketing in APAC
- The services Rakuten offer and the recent growth of their Australian office
- What is affiliate marketing?
- Why marketers should consider affiliate marketing as part of their holistic marketing strategy
- Comparison of Australian and US markets for affiliate
- Whether affiliate is a direct alternative to native advertising or the two can work synergistically
- Affiliate working with top of funnel brand awareness
- How affiliate can dovetail with social media and Influencer marketing
- The efficacy of digital banner ads and whether this also impacts the efficacy of affiliate marketing
- The programmatic and retargeting advertising markets in Australia
- Ad blocking and ad fraud
- The changing nature of the buyers journey and the related challenges of measuring attribution in this environment.
- With so many ‘shiny new toys’ in the marketers’ goody bag, why we seem to discuss SEO and SEM less than ever and the ongoing importance of google
- Key trends in marketing more broadly into 2017
A very interesting discussion on a number of important niche areas for marketers to be aware of. Well worth a listen!
You can find the Rakuten Marketing website here.
The most impactful book Anthony has ever read is What it Takes by Mark Bouris.
Anthony would follow Gary Vaynerchuk, West Ham and Juventus on Twitter.