Well known local writer for Social Media Today Andrew Hutchinson joins the EchoJunction podcast to talk his predictions for 2017. We discuss:
- Andrew’s post last year on 2016 predictions and how they have fared
- Facebook’s strong performance in 2016
- Facebook’s focus on video and Facebook live in 2017
- Where Facebook is heading with VR and AR
- The increasing importance of search within Facebook
- Facebook Messenger and the growing use of bots
- How Facebook is trying to drive social commerce on its platform
- Twitter’s performance in 2016
- Twitter’s strategy and why many remain confused on what Twitter wants to be
- Twitter and live video
- The challenges of imitation faced by Snapchat from other social networks
- Snapchat’s pending IPO
- Why Snapchat spectacles may succeed where Google Glass failed
- The future strategy of Instagram
- Some impressive changes at Pinterest
- Pinterest as an ecommerce platform more than a social network
- Why Microsoft was attracted to LinkedIn
- Overall trends for the social media market heading into 2017
A very interesting and broad ranging conversation with one of the most knowledgable writers in the market – definitely worth a listen.
This is Andrew’s blog post on predictions for 2017. Here is his post relating to 2016 predictions.
Links to my previous podcasts with Andrew on 2016 social media predictions and the art of writing.