Head of APAC marketing for Lithium, Adele Bernard joins the podcast this week. We discuss:
- Adele’s career to date in marketing and technology and her numerous touch points with SAP
- The technology offerings from Lithium
- How the role of Community interacts with social customer service
- Why building a Community should matter to brands – what are some of the long term benefits?
- Examples of major brands in Australia using the Lithium community product and the general use cases covered
- Whether Community is broadly about customer experience/customer retention, rather than attracting new customers into the funnel
- Types of content that are effective in a Community environment
- How can a brand build a community from scratch?
- Whether a thriving community is a reflection that people perhaps trust the views of their peers (even if a stranger) more than they trust a brand
- The drivers for passionate brand advocates to spend so much time answering questions for a brand and the gamification aspect
- Should a brand use their community platform for their own blog and branded content?
- At the outset of the internet we had chat rooms, forums and bulletin boards – have we come full circle with Community? Or has the tech/product evolved?
- The intersection of social media and community
- Can a brand build a community on Facebook/Twitter etc or does it always sit more logically on brand controlled “owned land”?
- Whether communities are largely text driven or can images and video increasingly play a role
- What are the key trends in social service and community in 2017
A very interesting discussion on an important topic. Well worth a listen!
The most impactful book Adele has ever read is Hatching Twitter.
My previous podcast with Jay Baer on social customer service.